Posts tagged text.
Christina Aguilera is urging people to provide donations to the UN World Food Programme to help children in the poorest regions of the world. This time, together with the WFP, they’ve prepared a real treat for fans of the star - a meeting with Christina on the set of The Voice. An auction on ebay has been made to bid on two VIP Passes to meet Christina on the set of ‘The Voice’ and money from the auction will support The UN.
“Thanksgiving is about sharing with others. Let’s do something during the holidays to feed those starving.” - wrote the star through her twitter account. Bidding on the VIP Passes are already in progress (started since 21 November) and will end on 1 December.
You can call her a flop or a b*tch but the facts speak for themselves :
- 46 million albums sold worldwide
- 52 million singles sold worldwide
- Second top selling single artist of the 2000s behind Madonna
- She’s the only artist under 30 to be named by Rolling Stone as one of the 100 greatest artists of all time
- 4 #1 singles in the USA
- 7 #1 singles on the United World Charts
- She’s one of the few artists who have at least a top-ten hit in three different decades. She joined Madonna, Michael Jackson, The Beatles, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Elton John, Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, Queen, Janet Jackson, Britney Spears and Stevie Wonder in 2011 thanks to Moves Like Jagger.
- Over 100 Platinum/Multi-Platinum certifications worldwide
- Her movie Burlesque grossed $100 000 000 & the DVD sold over 1 200 000 copies in the USA in less than a month
- The Back to Basics Tour is the 9th Top Grossing Female Tour of all time
- Beautiful was elected most empowering song of the decade by Stonewall & is one of the most played songs of the decade, with an audience impression of more than 6 billion.
Five-time Grammy Award winner
Golden Globe nominee
Over 180 awards received worldwide
Halls & Walks of Fame :
Gay Walk of Fame
Hollywood Walk of Fame
Rock’n’Roll Hall of Fame
Grammy Walk of Fame
- UN ambassador for the WFP & global spokesperson for World Hunger Relief. She helped raise over $22 million which helped provide over 90 million meals.
- Supports Missing Kids, National Alliance of Breast Cancer Organizations, Women’s Cancer Research Fund, Cedars-Sinai Women’s Cancer Research Institute, National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Refuge UK, fight against AIDS
- Gay Icon : “My video captures the reality that gay and transgender people are beautiful, even though prejudice and discrimination against them still exists.”
First person to have her prints on the Gay Walk of Fame.
- Against Proposition 8 in 2008 : “Why you would put so much money behind something [aimed at] stopping from people loving each other and bonding together? I just don’t understand it. It’s hard for me to grasp. But I would’ve been out there with my rally sign as well.”
- As the spokesperson of Rock The Vote she urged young people to vote in 2008.
- She headlined London’s Africa Rising charity concert.
- She won $180,000 on a Turkish TV-show, this money was given to orphans.
I was looking at some fansites of Christina and I found a comment of a fan calling Christina “obese”. I can’t explain my feelings on that point. It’s so sad.
I think this person has never seen any “obese” person in her life. So I went to Google and I searched for the real meaning of “obese” and I’ve found this:
“Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems.”
Health problems. Reduced life expectancy. Medical condition. Really? Really? Do you REALLY think that Christina is “obese”?
This is what an “obese” person looks like:
And this is how Christina looked like on Saturday night:
Do you see the difference? I think you do now.
Christina is not obese. She’s not even ‘fat’. She’s looking so hot, so sexy, with curves, with confidence, she’s looking so secure, so amazing. I think that some people need to stop listening to what the media says, ‘cause the media just wants every girl in the world to look like this:
Even if she was fat, if this is not bad for her health, so… Does it really matter? Is this really important? Not for me.
Can you see her smile? Can you hear her voice? Can you do it better? I don’t think so.
It’s ridiculous that some of her fans are talking about her in that way… If we can’t see the difference, if we cannot stand up and fight against all this shit that the media is saying to us everyday, if we can not accept her body, her ways, her hair… So we don’t get the message of “Beautiful”, “Soar”, “Stronger Than Ever”, “I Will Be” and “Make Over“… So we don’t get that “we are beautiful, no matter what they say”. So we don’t get that the appearance is not important, what really matters is what’s inside us and no one can tell you if you’re good or if you’re not. And if we don’t get this, so, I’m really sorry… But we cannot call ourselves “Christina Aguilera fans”.
And I know that Christina would be very, very ashamed of any fan that can make some comment like that.
Record of the Year - “Bound to You”
Record of the Year - “Moves Like Jagger”
Song of the Year - “Bound to You”
Best Pop Solo - “Bound to You”
Best Pop Group - “Moves Like Jagger”
Best Song Written for Visual Media - “Bound to You”
Best Compilation Soundtrack - Burlesque
I find it rather contradictory and funny that some Britney fans have jumped on the “Christina Aguilera is fat!” wagon when Britney Spears was attacked for her “weight gain” (and so much more) during the Blackout era. Shame.
The fact is the media will target anyone about weight, makeup, wardrobe, significant others, anything.
Some fans may have selective memory. I do not.